Error 1606 no access to %appdata%
im trying to install microsoft office 2007 but i keep getting error 1606 could not access network location %appdata%.
what to do
Solutions to the Problem Error 1606 no access to %appdata%
Download Error Fixer for Free Now
This issue may occur if there is an incorrect setting in one of the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry.
However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
Therefore, make sure that
you follow these steps carefully.
For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.
Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
For more information about how to back up and restore theregistry refer the below link.
Back up the registry
Check the below Microsoft KB article which talks about similar issue with Microsoft programs.
You may give it a try and check if it works.
You receive an "Error 1606" error message when you try to install or remove a Microsoft program
If the above steps fail then you may download and install the windows installer cleanup utility later launch the cleanup utility from the start menu and then remove the entries for the software then restart the computer for changes to take effect
and now try reinstalling the software and check.
Description of the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
Azam – Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and, if you have any feed backs you can post here.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Error 1606 no access to %appdata%:
How to Fix Error 1606 no access to %appdata% with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Download SONY SVE1512H1RB Synaptics PS/2 Port ClickPad driver
,Method to Download SONY VGC-LT10E SigmaTel Audio Driver Update v.6.10.5614.0
,Way to Download SONY VGN-CS118E/R AV Mode Button Utility v.1.1.01.09140 driver
,Method to Download SONY VGN-FW375J/B Alps Pointing Device Driver v.184.108.40.206
,Where to Download SONY VGN-NS270J/S Pioneer BD-ROM BDC-TD01 Firmware Update v.1.03
,Data Export From Quickbooks To Excel
,Date Format In Formula Bar And In The Cell Is Not The Same
,Deleted The Snipping Tool
,Desktop - Open Program Issues
,Desktop Windows Manager Keeps Poping Up & It Reads That There Is A Problem & That Windows Will Check It Out & Send Me An Answer .
Read More: How to Fix Problem - Error 0x80004002 when trying to delete files in Windows 8?
,How to Resolve - EPSON perfection 1650 scanner drivers for Windows 7 64 bit?
,How to Fix Error - Error 0xc0000022?
,error 0x800CCC78 whrn trying to send mail
,Solved Error 0X80073AFC while installing prerequisite updates for Internet Explorer 11
,does anyone know what the dialog means "System.Media.FontFamily' threw an exception windows is checking for a solution?
,Does Log Me In Ignition for my Android with Windows 7 Home Premium?
,Download failure for my Blackberry and the process stops during the install
,Display settings keep changing when I come back from sleep mode
,Downloaded files are not saved